Welcome to UNC Translational Pathology Laboratory
The Translational Pathology Laboratory (TPL) is a core facility in the UNC School of Medicine administered by the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) and the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (DPLM). We offer access to sophisticated digital pathology platforms and study design support to all UNC investigators to enhance translational research.
- to provide UNC investigators access to annotated formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) human tissues from the UNC Hospitals surgical pathology archive
- to provide histopathology, tissue microarray (TMA) design and construction, slide staining by limited in-situ hybridization (ISH), immunohistochemistry (IHC) & immunofluorescence (IF), and morphological evaluation services
- to provide morphological assay development and training services
- to provide samples from archived human FFPE tissues for subsequent purification of molecular analytes (DNA, RNA)
- to develop digital image analysis technologies for spatial quantification of molecular analytes in intact tissue sections
- to develop pathology informatics infrastructure to facilitate integration of data derived from genomics, proteomics, and tissue-based analyses.
The Core provides the only centralized facility on campus to qualitatively and quantitatively analyze fresh, frozen and formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissues and cell lines using morphology-based assays for DNA, RNA, and proteins.
TPL is supported by grants from the National Cancer Institute, the Department of Defense, and the University Cancer Research Fund. The TPL also serves as the histopathology research laboratory for the UNC Institute for Pharmacogenomics and Individualized Therapy (IPIT) and the UNC Center for Environmental Health Sciences (CEHS).
Facility Director: Nana Feinberg, PhD phone (919) 966-9620 email nanan[at]med.unc.edu
Laboratory Manager: Mervi Eeva phone (919) 843-3409 email meeva[at]med.unc.edu
Please click here or see the Instructions tab above for details on how to submit materials to the TPL.